Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crisis Averted

Well, according to a recent post by Everett Linden, the entire situation was a misunderstanding. According to recents posts, comments, and chats from various persons, the truth is that LL caved to pressure. Which is true? I don't know. Either way, the effect is the same - kid-related builds SEEM to be allowed now. Those who were originally planning to submit kid builds are resubmitting them - time will tell what happens. If they're accepted, then I'll be able to visit SL5B with a clear conscience.

I've gotten third-hand word that some group or other was planning on building a seperate kid-themed event concurrent with SL5B, as a way of protesting the ban. Since the ban is lifted, I would suppose the need no longer exists; however, other third-hand information tells me they will be continuing with their designs anyway. Perhaps I'll stop in and have a look there as well.

In any case, I was duly and truly amazed at the response from the SL community as a whole to the alleged ban. As I've alluded in some of my earlier blog posts, I've ever believed that kid avs were more accepted in SL as a whole than many kid avs seemed to think; but the number of voices raised in support was something even I never expected. It feels good to be liked!

Thanks to all those who added their support to our plight. Party down!

1 comment:

Taliesin Morgath said...

Whilst certainly a non-pg area, the cthulhu shrine will always have its door open to you Cody, and those others who stop from time to time like Lavender.

Who would have thought this could cause suich controversy. The power of media hype should never be underestimated.