Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sokmunky Rutabaga

OK, this is my first post dedicated to a single person. In fairness, I'll concede that it is being posted without that person's permission - but I am evil like that.


The av in question is Sokmunky Rutabaga. She's a sheep, really - though she doesn't look like one, because she's disguised as a 13-year-old girl. Although I had met a number of people after joining SL, she was the first one I'd actually spoken with for a while before she sent me a Friend invite; thus, she occupies a place of importance on my list. But of course, it's more than that. Sokmunky (or "Soki", as she is typically called) embodies much that I want to be and achieve in SL. Well, except for being a girl. And having pink hair - I don't want pink hair. But besides that.


For one thing, Soki seems to know everybody, and everybody seems to be on friendly terms with her. If anyone doubts this, they could've been set straight a week ago, during Soki's 2nd rez-day party. A rez-day is something like a birthday - the anniversary of the day you joined SL. I attended her party that night - though I couldn't stay for long, sadly. But before I left, I counted no fewer than 30 avatars there - more than I'd ever seen at any function for as long as I've been on SL. If I have a party on my second rez-day, perhaps I can hope for maybe half as many people. Whatever she's got, everyone around her sees and respects.


She's also quite fond of literature, and likes to read - an attribute with which I can relate. Her "personal" space in SL is a treehouse library, lined with bookshelves, with larger-than-life books serving as ad-hoc furniture. Quite classy, if I do say so myself.
In any case, all I'd really wanted to do with this post was wish Soki a happy rez-day. I know it's a week late - I'd meant to do it on the proper day - but RL sometimes intervenes and I wasn't able to get around to it.
Soki's known for some singular musings, so I recommend to your notice her own weblog, which you can find in my link list on the right.

No comments: